Saturday, January 21, 2012

Adventuring into microwave cooking!

So, since I have become a Tupperware consultant, I started to adventure into the microwave cooking scene. Not microwave reheating, but microwave cooking.


In my new Consultant Kit I received this awesome item called the Stack Cooker.

I ended up being able to order the colander piece that goes with it.


So I had a friend come over that Saturday and we made monkey bread in it, and we cooked 2 whole chickens in it (not at once!). The whole chickens were about 5 pounds each, and normally take 30 minutes in the Stack Cooker, but my microwave is small, so it took about 40 minutes.


Wow, did those come out NICE and juicy or what!


Anyway, I havnt had a chance to cook with it again until tonight (except to make another batch of monkey bread)


I bought a recipe book from one of my Tupperware Directors, and have just now finally be able to make a recipe out of it. It was the choice between stacked enchiladas or chicken fajitas. My husband chose chicken fajitas.


I defrosted 3 large chicken breasts part way, then cut them into strips, and set them out to defrost the rest of the way. I also cut up half an onion into strips as well. The recipe calls for red, green, and yellow bell peppers, cut into strips, but I purchased a frozen bag of them. So prep work done, hubby, baby, and I went on an afternoon walk. By the time we got back I was ready to make dinner!

I put the colander piece in the stack cooker, then placed the chicken and onions in that.


I put the lid on, then stuck it in the microwave for 5 minutes.


After 5 minutes, I took the Stack cooker out (no mittens needed as long as you grab the handles!) and I threw in 1 tablespoon of chipotle seasoning, mixed it up, and then put the frozen bell peppers on top.


I stuck it back in the microwave for another 5 minutes and.. TADA! Dinner is done! I heated up some corn tortillas, and put cheese and salsa on the table, and YUM!

Have to say, the chicken turned out a little dry, but it might have been cause I cooked it a tad too long.
Also, using the colander part of it made all the juices from the chicken collect at the bottom, so that could have been the reason the chicken was dry, or not.


So My hubby and I both at 2 tacos each, and my daughter (who is 17 months old) had bits n pieces of it. There is a TON left over, so I am sure this could feed a larger family, or even be great for a small get together with friends and/or family!

I ordered the Tupperware Recipe book for the stack cooker, so I can't wait to see what they have in there!

1 comment:

  1. This looks SOOOO Delicious! I can't wait until I get my stack cooker from you so I can start trying out all these recipes!

    ReplyDelete