Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tonight's cooking adventure... in the microwave! Meal #2

So tonight for dinner, I decided to make a recipe called Fiesta Chicken Casserole
(I did this instead of the stacked enchilada recipe I was going to make.)

The ingredients:

3 chicken breasts, cut into small bite sized pieces
1 small onion ( i used 1/2 since all the onions I have are huge)
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of salsa verde
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 corn tortillas

The following pic is the Tupperware that I used to make this recipe. Not pictured.. is the knife, large Pampered Chef measuring cup, and the cutting board. I used to sell Pampered Chef, so I have a TON of it!

 
** Stack Cooker, Thatsa Bowl, Saucy Spatula, and Quick Chef**


I chopped up the half of the onion using the Quick Chef.


I cut up the chicken into small pieces, put them in the Thatsa Bowl, and mixed in the onion.

Next I added the salsa verde, and the 2 cans of cream of mushroom, then mixed all that up.

Next I added the 2 cups of cheddar cheese, and the 12 corn tortillas cut up into bite sized pieces.

Mixed that up really well!

Next I put it all into my Stack Cooker, amazed that it all fit! I stuck it in the microwave for 10 minutes, took it out, stirred it up, then put it back in for another 10 minutes.

Here is the end result! It smelled so good I couldn't wait to try it!


Here is my serving! I put sour cream and more cheese on top, and it was very good!

Even my daughter liked it!


This made so much food, I am sending some up with my dad tomorrow for him, my mom, and my grandma, and there is still plenty left over here for my husband, and myself if I want it for lunch tomorrow. I know for sure this will be something I make for any friend gatherings that may happen. 

Now, after having made this recipe, I have decided there are a few changes I plan on making to it.

Instead of cream of mushroom, I will probably change it to cream of chicken. 

I also think to give it a little bit more bite, I will try adding green chiles to it. I cant make it too spicy, otherwise my daughter wont eat it.

Why did I make this recipe you ask?

well... I had EVERYTHING for it! I was going to make the stacked enchiladas, but I had a jar of salsa verde sitting in the fridge that I needed to use, and this recipe sounded so tasty! And it took me all of maybe 30 - 40 minutes to prepare and cook. Love a fast, tasty meal!

1 comment: